Monday, April 18, 2011

"There was no resurrection,
there is no Easter.


That man they called God, he was just a man.  A nice man, with great morals.  Just a simple man named Jesus, maybe a prophet but no more.

because he died...


there really is no hope.
not for me
and certainly not for you.

What possibly is the point
to life
,living?
to death
,dieing?
                                        There is no point.
...because he died.

He hung, the man that they called king,
from the brutal tree

Wasting away
for them.
Shedding his own blood
for them.
losing his life
                                           ...for nothing.
 ...because he died."


"Because he died...

My soul is free.  My heart is light.
Hope's arms are spread wide for me.
for you.

My life is worth the
living.
My death will be worth the
dieing.

I can not question his love
...because he died

for me.
he shed his blood
and it saves
ME

he breathed his last
for the sins
I
threw upon him

Mine.  My Sin.

The man I call God, he was more then a man.  We call him Jesus and he was brutally killed. and yes, he died.  Died for me.  Breathed his last on the day we nailed him to a scarlet tree.  He died and I don't have hope

if he didn't raise.


                                                           But he died...
and rose. 

There is Easter
 and there is hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment