But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that i received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. -Acts 20:24
Friday, August 26, 2011
His Purpose
We tend to think that if Jesus Christ compels us to do something and we are obedient to Him, He will lead us to great success. We should never have the thought that our dreams of success are God's purpose for us. In fact, His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have the idea that God is leading us toward a particular end or a desired goal, but He is not. The question of whether or not we arrive at a particular goal is of little importance, and reaching it becomes merely an episode along the way. What we see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the goal itself...
What He desires for me is that I see "Him walking on the sea" with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainly that everything is all right because I see "Him walking on the sea" It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God.
-My Utmost for His Highest, July 28th
I thought this was so eye opening. So inspiring. I love the last paragraph. Even through the times when we can't see past the fog that is swarming in and the haze that is blinding our view, he's there. Walking on the stormy waters of our lives. Always right beside us, holding our hand, coaxing us along or saving us from drowning. He's even there in the good times, when the world is all rose colored. In the times when we are blinded by such a happiness that we forget to thank the one who guided us through to brighter days.
We may have our eyes set on some obscure goal, but His plan, His purpose for our lives is wrapped in so much more, it's our whole life story. I don't think any one of us will ever fully be able to grasp what God has done in our lives...it's too glorious, too splendid. His perfect interweaving of hardships, sorrows and joys. Through the mediums of our lives he creates a painting so beautiful it touches other's hearts.
Thoughtfully,
S
Labels:
Love Simply Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment